Sunday, March 1, 2009

LAZY SUNDAYS

OK so there is hardly ever a truly lazy day at this house. Actually we all worked from this am until afternoon on projects. The upshot is the pile of branches in the backyard is gone due to Mitch, Jeff helped me dig out more on a new patio space and edge it, Tuck fertilized and re seeded the lawn, and the pool is now just a light shade of green instead of the virulent lime color it had been sporting.

I made a big brunch for all of us, and after all of the hard work I realized I have caught the cold that everyone else has had around me. Yuck! I am sniffling, coughing and so very very tired. I really hate being sick. So I was taking a nap (you know I am ill if I am sleeping during the day) when Jeff came to wake me up. You see I had promised Coty (one of the guys friends) that I would teach him how to cook, and tonight was Chicken and Dumplings, I promised.

So I stumbled into the kitchen and we cooked together, the food turned out great and he took some home for his mom with the recipe I quickly typed up for him so he could make it at home. A simple end to a busy day, but definitely just one of those moments. One that feeds your heart and makes you smile.

No comments: