Shane, Jeff, and Tuck getting ready for a water gun fight that involved Mitch and the official wetting of the cell phones.
Brandon Showing up as he is just because:
It was a Wonderful Weekend! The one night barbecue ended up being an all weekend event that finally ceased on Sunday night with one last feast on the grill (Jeff is mastering the grill almost as well as Mitch) poker games and late night talks poolside in the chaise lounges. Thanks to Oma and Poppa for the great exterior furniture. My family are the only ones who would come all the
I was rock'in out the food and such while in all day interviews and other such events. Tuck had his first scouting Blue and Gold banquet Sat night and his den did the opening and closing ceremonies. He had a speaking part and did very well. The big guys and I went in full dress code, the guys had suits and all on. Tuck loved having his big brothers be there for him. I did forget my camera due to the hectic making of pies and biscuits in the two hour gap between my meetings and the banquet. Shame on me but I just slipped up. Oh well, I will hit it next time.
Tuck is back to his normal bike riding, swimming, running all over with friends normal self, and I could not be happier. I spent an afternoon doing major bike repairs and his bike is back in running order. He still is a computer guy but not nearly as much, and he loves having friends all around our house that he can just run over and see whenever he wants too.
All day Sunday was just for laundry and relaxing. I got a tad of sun myself and had Tucks friends over for supervised pool time, then I took them in the car (sans top) for snow cones at Nona's snow cone shop. They are really really great!
More than anything it was just so very nice to have everyone here, and love the house, and feel as "at home" and at peace as we all do. The way all of the kids (seriously between 25 to 45 kids) just came, and stayed, and laughed, and had fun, just filled the house with laughter and fun. And this is just the beginning....
No comments:
Post a Comment