Friday, March 20, 2009

Great Days!

It's a Party!

I have shocked the pool within an inch of its life, and bought out the grocery store!


Another sunny day in paradise...
Plans for the day:
Get ready for barbecue starts at 12pm until ?
Make food
Hang out by pool and visit with friends

Today was a much needed mental health day for Jeff, Shane Johnny and I. Today we prepared for the barbecue, and I drank coffee, and made food.. Oh lots and lots of food.. Jeff and Shane made hamburgers full of spices and sweet onion. Fifty pounds of meat made into burgers. At last count less than 10 burgers remain. Did I mention we also served hot dogs? Oh and potato salad, and my friend Jenny brought a bacon ranch salad, and tons of brownies, and baked beans with bacon (a la aunt Linda's recipe). It was fun and great and lots of people kept coming over all day long. Some would come and then others would go and new ones would show up. Mitch manned the barbecue and Jeff hosted the day. I met more of the kids friends parents who are really nice. Did I mention we swam?




Tuck had his friends over Robert, Miranda, Chloe, and William. The kids played and swam very hard all afternoon. Then at the end of the night we fired up the fire pit and let the kids make Smores. I got to hang out with my friends and talk all evening. A really great relaxing day.

Coty showing all of his talent on the pogo stick. He is pretty good at it.


Jeff and RJ with a friend of theirs son. He is a sweet baby, was extraordinarily quiet and just made funny faces at all of us today. Jeff thought he was pretty great.
OK this is Snapp and Jackie... Yes he is temporarily sporting a Mohawk and Jackie's hair is blackish. They are going for the goth look. I was so happy to see them both, I really miss having Snapp and Jackie around more. Just one of the hazards of having 18 year old's, they grow up, it sucks! Don't they look great though?
The guys all coming and going and feeling very much at home makes me very happy. They listened to music and just chilled all day. As people were leaving tonight, Jeff and Johnny walked around, picked up garbage, cleaned tables, and the kitchen. My friend Jenny just looked at me in disbelief. She told Jeff he could have the next party at her house.

Just another one of those days that make me smile!

No comments: