Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekend Events

Friday we went to an out of town wrestling tournament in Zachary Louisiana. We went overnight and had a great time. Jeff was over on his weight so he was not able to compete this meet. I need to remember this is not football and quit sending his with so much food for the trip. He kept track of all the brackets and we got to cheer on Courtney which was really great.

It was nice to go somewhere else for a mini vacation. I need to remember to do this more often.

Courtney winning his match, he had to wrestle all big obese guys who would squish him if they got on top. He did really well and took fourth place overall. Way to go
Courtney!




Courtney working so hard to pin this guy, they are almost impossible to turn over due to their immense size!

Courtney, myself and, Jeff at the tournament between matches. Tucker took this photo and I have to get the kid his own camera, he did a great job!


Mitchel and I Mitch is being his own silly self as usual.


Jeff helping to coach one of the other players.


Tucker and I, Tuck was glued to my side the whole day. It was nice since the boys are all getting older and very independent.


Mitch hanging out.


Mitchel and Monica. Monica was able to come with us to Baton Rouge.


Yes the elusive Piggley Wiggleys do exist. They are grocery stores. Who knew? This one was outside of Baton Rouge.


Sunday afternoon I took a concealed weapon certification course. This is the target I qualified with. We had to shoot 36 rounds to qualify as well as learning the law.
By the way in Louisiana you can not only shoot someone who breaks into your home, you can also shoot through the door if they are attempting to break in. I love deep south gun laws! I had a great time, and the boys are so good for my ego, when I got home Coty was here, grabbed my target and ran it up to all the boys saying I am knocking from now on when coming into the house! Jeff and Mitch think it is really great, although they know I am a little "different" for the hobbies I have, I think they love it though.

Here is my I love me moment. The target is now hanging on the wall in my office for a little while, a very redneck thing to do, hang your target next to your law degree, but this is who I am. Who knew?

1 comment:

nitroglide said...

BADD ASS SHOOTIN BABE
I WANNA GO HUNTIN WITH YOU, LETS KILL SUMTHN