Tuesday, January 27, 2009

AHHHH THE NEW CAR ARRIVES!

So we all remember the traumatic events on the night of December 29 2008. The wreckage of my much beloved seabring convertible that brought me sooo much joy driving for so many years (sniff). The insurance company declared it a total loss and has branded my lovely (well once lovely) car with the distinction of a salvage title.


The night of the unfortunate event;



The day after in the driveway;







Poppa was ready for a road trip (as the north is burried in snow) at about the same time my uncle in California was liquidating his vehicles to purchase a Chrysler 300. So even though I am not particularly fond of silver (I love color) I am very fortunate to have had this car delivered to my house yesterday as an early birthday present.

The car handles beautifully, and is is great shape. It is the same all black leather interior and great stereo system and is a blast to drive.

The new car after a bath, a wax, rainex on the winsheild and such.


Just me and my car. It may not be purple, but the top goes down and it feels just like "my" car. I am sooo very thankful to have my car back. I am just not a truck driving kind of person. Mitch is also very glad to have his truck back and all to himself.


Poppa brought me this license plate holder for the new car, although I am not one for sayings on your vehicle I thought this one was very very funny, so on it went.





The Ford (Mitchels truck) is pouring oil onto the driveway so after a scrub brush and a half gallon of degreaser Poppa and I came up with this idea. Mitch thought we are very funny.



Luckily it is written in chalk so the hose will take it off but if you cant have a little fun whats the use?

No comments: