Tuesday, April 27, 2010

A Weekend In Saint Louis

Joan before the ceremony with her new step daughter Destin






Joan is my closest friend from Law School, so naturally I was thrilled for her when she told me she was getting married. She met a wonderful man (Bill) on E Harmony and was lucky enough to be getting 2 step children as well, a son and a daughter. I just had to run up for the wedding, any reason to visit Joan.


I left the great State of Louisiana at 3am on Friday morning. I love driving at odd hours, when everyone else is sleeping. I do my best thinking when I drive. I am sure it has everything to do with having to focus on driving, as well as the peace and quiet. It is so beautiful watching the sun come up on the road in Arkansas with the trees and the rolling hills, a very happy thing.

I got to St Louis and was wrapped up in the festivities from then until I left on Sunday. The wedding was a Catholic Ceremony. I loved the length (about an hour) you felt like you actually got dressed up for a reason, not just a hit and run 10 minute ceremony. I have to say the whole weekend was well done and lovely. Joan couldn't have been a more beautiful bride and her new husband Bill is one of the nicest men I have ever met.


I got to hang out with Joan and my friend Heather (also from school) and found out that she is expecting twins! She and her husband have wanted children for a few years now so they are so excited to have 2 at once. Life just keeps moving on.


Heather and Joan before the wedding




Joan and I before the ceremony

Joan and Bills new house in Saint Louis

No comments: