Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Officially Pool Season







Yesterday Tuck called me and asked "can Mitch and I get in the pool?" now Mitch is 19 and can make that call on his own. Perhaps it was just a check to see if the chemicals are ok being that we just filled it??? Anyway, I am glad he asks and doesn't just jump in. Of course he then goes on to say a new face mask would be nice.

Tuck just loves swim goggles, they are always stuck on his head. So on my way home from work, I ran to the store and stocked up. We are now the proud owners of noodles, lounges, a huge floating turtle, and various water guns. When I got home Tuck was in the pool and Mitch jumped in and out. Still a little cold, but very nice. I was in it for a little bit myself. It is just so relaxing to float and have it be warm outside. The sun shining with the water so clear and blue and all of the trees green, a practically perfect day.

Mitch ran to work so Tuck and I ended the day with grilled Tilapia and a bacon ranch pasta salad that is his favorite. Anything with bacon and ranch together in the same dish makes Tuck a happy kid.

No comments: