Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter

Tucker hunting Easter Eggs
Tucker and Mitch on Easter morning looking a little rough


Tucker being himself, he puts anything and everything on his head!


The weekend was packed full. The Easter Bunny visited our home and brought Tucker Nerf Guns, a whistling football (I love those!) and treats as well as Easter Eggs scattered throughout the backyard. Mitch got the new Scotland yard movie, I tunes gift card and everything Reese's (he loves chocolate and peanut butter). We went to my friend Jenny's home for a barbecue and the kids swam in their pool. It was in the 80's officially pool season for the south.

Mitch and I worked like dogs on Friday and pressure washed our pool. We finished it up on Saturday and began filling it up. I will paint it this year with the rubberized pool paint but for now it is full and clean. I am going for new pool floats this weekend and I plan on soaking in it every spare minute.

Tuck giving me and his brother a hand with all of the work
My big guy Mitch working on the pool with me all day long
The end result, our pretty, clear blue pool



We had a tragedy on Thursday our cat Feisa (Tuck has changed its name to Visa now and I hope it will stick) was laying on the dining room table acting strange. I rushed him to the vet with Tuck and it turns out he had a broken hip. Completely fractured. Well, 1k later and emergency surgery, we brought him home on Saturday to recover. He has not come out from under my bed since we brought him home other than to eat and take meds. I am sporting quite a few scratches from administering his meds (antibiotics and pain meds) and now he runs when I come near.

We have no clue how he received such a horrible injury but now everyone knows to be really gentle with our kitty's. The kitty's new name is quite appropriate considering the current vet bills.. Oh well, I am a sucker for a pretty face and Visa is sooo cute!

No comments: