Monday, February 2, 2009

Moments...

Superbowl Sunday was tons of fun at the house. The boys had lots of their friends coming by for food and game watching.

We spent the morning and really the entire weekend finishing car detailing. The end results are that every car I own is clean. Washed, waxed, polished, vacuumed, windexed, and scrubbed, even down to the 99 wrecked Seabring and the Volkswagen camper. I made tons of food for the game and then started sifting through all of our camping gear the boys pulled out of Shelly (the camper) to clean it.

Might I add this was also my birthday, the boys laughingly say it is still my 29th birthday, not so believable now as I have 18 year olds running around, but what the heck I will go for it. Jeff and his friend RJ had gone out for a bit at the start of the game, I was loading up the dishwasher with all of the camping dishes and talking on the phone when all of the kids came in with a cake and sparkler candles lighted singing me happy birthday. A very happy day when a group of guys think to do such sweet things for me, and also con all of their friends into going along with it.

Moments like that just make my day very bright and special. You know, it is always the little, simple, everyday things that make life great.

No comments: