Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mitch flies in the door last night carrying a TV and yelling "I have had the worst day of my life!". Now although this might be unusual for Mitch (my sweet, quiet, calm, mild mannered 20 year old) it was still amazingly funny. Then he threatened to kick the dog (he never did, or would for that matter) and stomped around talking in a very loud voice about his day. The $500 cell phone deposit with AT&T, the lazy people who wouldn't help him load the last of Monica's belongings into the truck, he had to climb 40 feet into a culvert full of water and huge spiders were all over him, and on and on. My lovely sister called during his outburst, all I did is answer the phone and say "can I call you back in a few?" to which she said sure and quickly hung up. I have later confirmed she did hear all of the yelling quite clearly.

Now before I get the worst mother of the year award, I must explain. I laugh because this is the first time Mitch is dealing with life, on his own, day to day stress. As all of the rest of us do everyday.

Welcome to the real world son.

No comments: