It is so very hot here. We are spending almost every spare moment in the pool. With busy jobs and trying to get all of the boys into college, all of the time is gone. No big vacations this year for us. The house is filled with kids playing and laughing and listening to music. Mack is out of town constantly for work (in Baton Rouge) and this leaves me with the big guys. Last night we re-arranged the den (it was looking very shmultzy, and dorm like).
I brought back 8 roses from my last trip to Texas that need to find homes in the yard. One found a permanent residence last night. We also weeded and spread out some mulch and steer manure. The yard is inching along toward completion. So very slowly, but we are at least making baby steps. The boys are a great help.
Mitch helped me carry and spread out the bags of mulch, while Shane, Coty, Wizz, and Mitch all helped move things around in the den. I was the one pointing and saying "I think that 500 pound TV might look a little better on the other side of the room behind the 1000 pound couch. If you could just move the 2 so I can see" They just smile and haul things around for me. No grumbling, they just 'do'. They keep things simple and in perspective for me. They make me smile.
Tucker being silly
Jeff as he always is
No comments:
Post a Comment