Wednesday, July 15, 2009

CHICKENS AND CHOPS

In this house we cook. All of the time. Tonight's menu was tacos and Spanish rice and almond scones and white cake with cream cheese frosting. It will all be gone by morning. I love the lack of leftovers, I love to bake so it is wonderful to have so many willing Guinea pigs to eat all of my food. A little while back Shane and Wizz cooked for us. I have never had such great food. Southern style fried pork chops with mashed potatoes and mac and cheese. I was spoiled rotten that night, and Mack agreed with me. The boys can cook for us any night!

STEPHANIE PAUL SHANE AND COURTNEY, HANGING OUT IN THE KITCHEN WHILE COOKING
JEFF JACKIE PAUL AND WIZZ WAITING FOR THE FOOD AS USUAL

THE FAMOUS PORK CHOP SOUTHERN STYLE

SHANE AND WIZZ THE CHEFS FOR THE EVENING




Due to the excessive amount of kids and the food they require I made an executive decision. We go through 5 dozen eggs a week, at least. The guys wanted a dog, so I got them chickens. I figured if we were going to get a pet might as well be something that we could use, and might provide a benefit to the family.
So we are hoping the egg production will begin soon. They are really fun and are getting huge. We have one confirmed rooster that will be sacrificed as soon as he starts making noise, I think he knows it because we have not heard a squack or crow out of "Tropic Thunder".
THE CHICKENS SO BIG AND GETTING READY TO LAY EGGS AND MAKE SOME NOISE





No comments: