Thursday night...Projected thunderstorms. Result? Tornado's (yes plural, with an s) Hit inside the city and really less than 1/2 mile away from our house. Picture this, me and 7 teenagers and 1 nine year old squashed into the main hall bathroom. This is the safest place in the house, in the middle no windows etc. A very smelly hot 15 minutes. Our house is great, we just lost pool toys, tables in the pool, and a huge branch took out the cable line in the back yard. Better the cable than my bedroom.
We lost power for about 20 hours. Luckily most everything here is gas so we had hot water and could cook just about anything. Very nice. I also have a generator (thanks Poppa!) so I un-crated that big guy this am and ran the fridge and my coffee grinder. Hey I have my priorities! I did use my French Press to brew the coffee, aren't I so Eco friendly? Anyway, last night was cranium by candle light, and this morning a hot game of Risk. Tuck was in heaven to play with all of his brothers.
This is the Risk in the morning crew:
Tucker this morning, he slept with me. He is deathly afraid of tornado's and last night just about pushed him over the edge. He is allot better this morning though.
No comments:
Post a Comment