Sunday, February 10, 2013

A River of Elk

Living in a National Park, I am used to seeing wildlife. I do always try to stop, take a moment, and just enjoy the animals. They are immensely beautiful and I hope I never get to the point when I forget to take time to really see my surroundings.
 
Every once in a while even I see something that makes me stop dead in my tracks.
 
We were on our way up to snowboard and I looked over and slammed the brakes on the car. I yelled at the boys to look!
 
To the left:
 
 
In front:
 
 
and to the right:
 
 
I have never seen so many elk running in a long herd together ever!
 
I have posted pictures of Tuck snowboarding but never of myself. Here is proof of the madness! I was told by my instructor "older people" don't usually take up snowboarding. Great! I really love being reminded of my age!
 
 




No comments: