Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Happy Day

Tuck and I woke up early this morning and were able to squeeze in Starbucks before school. He giggled over his vanilla bean frap and bacon egg and cheese sandwich. The Coffee Shop is less than 2 minutes from his new school (one of the fabulous benefits of Calvary!). I felt right at home just because of it's proximity to the school. We talked and laughed and as I dropped him off he told me how wonderful his day would be, all because of a half hour, having coffee, with me.
It is always the little things.
It made me think. What would our life be like if I could simplify it? Eliminate some of the big responsibilities? We would have lots more time for things, like early morning chats over coffee. Those are the important things.
I need to make a list and a plan.

No comments: