Friday, August 20, 2010

The first week...

Tucker and I are on the home stretch. This is the last day of school for the week. It has been a flurry of driving back and forth across town at least 3 times a day (darn those school books for jumping back in his desk when he is trying to go home). We have had football practices and homework and exhaustion on both our parts. I am very glad for the break.

We will still be at the school Saturday for football photos and Sunday for church, but maybe we can keep it to just one trip a day..... Maybe.

All said, I love the school. Tucker's teacher likes him and is very kind she does things like helping him with some multiplication problems he was unsure of and a thousand other things. She takes extra time with the students and really cares about them. He started testing her in the beginning of the week, flipping pencils and such, but I think we may have it nipped in the bud. We will see. When he was at football practice last night one of his coaches said "I heard about you in school, don't make us give you extra work at practice". It shocked Tuck that they knew all about it. He assured them that he had changed his behavior. I told him their eyes are everywhere. All in all it has been a pretty good week but I just need to get used to the busier schedule, and all of the driving. I do feel like I am living in my car right now.

Did I mention it is still in the 100's every day? You step outside and get hit by a blast of hot wet air, kind of like living in a sauna :).

No comments: