Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A LONG ABSENCE

Oma and Poppa at the Bossier graduation
Mitch and Monica on the steps eating cotton candy;







The Bossier High School Graduating class;





It's 4:57....am.

I finally have a moment.

I am sitting in bed after a night of rest. I was not feeling well yesterday and was thrown into bed by Jeff and Mitch.

I really love all of my sons. They care so much, and worry so much.

They were right. I am feeling a little better after 14 hours of sleep.

I appologise for my long break from blogging, but in my defense, to say there has been quite a bit going on is an understatement.

I have had 12 of my sons and their friends graduate from high school. They all made it with no arrests or unplanned pregnancies, I consider that a huge success. We threw a graduation party with a BBQ, movies playing on a huge projector screen in the back yard (Fast Times at Ridgemont High was one) with a popcorn machine and cotton candy machine. We had birthday parties for 9 year olds and sweet 16 parties. Ring Ding for the new seniors and spring football games as well. We have had visitors from all parts of the country and some sad departures. Snapp came home..... and then left for his new adventure back in Kansas City. Oh how I love that guy.
Every weekend has been a whirlwind of big events. We have all been running hard to keep up.

We have all come to the difficult conclusion that we need to stop. We need time to think, to breathe, to rest, to take time to enjoy all of the little things. Things like talking, and listening, and just enjoying the moments. I have been informed that a 2 week moratorium has been enacted ceasing and desisting from all big events.
I agree...

Just another day in paradise.

No comments: