After months of begging and pleading from Tucker, we are up in Montana. All of our worldly possessions are in storage in Louisiana. We moved up with suitcases with some clothes and our Black Lab Dozer. I literally packed what I could in the convertible and left. Our kitty Visa is hanging out with Mitch and Monica for the summer in Louisiana.
It was a whirlwind move (of course). I ended up getting a great job offer to work in Yellowstone Nat'l Park and needed to be their ASAP. So off we went.
Tucker is loving the small town where he has been doing research. He is saying hello to everyone he meets to see who responds. He says this is the happiest place ever,everyone says hello to him.
He loves school where his desk chair is an exercise ball (the best idea ever!). He has friends and seems very happy. He is playing basketball and says he wants to join the team next winter. He brought home a saxophone a couple of nights ago for music class and has played it every night. This just clarifies to me that we need to get a house not an apartment. We are currently staying with CC in her little apartment until we find something a little more permanent. Poor CC!
There is still snow on the mountains and in the park up here. I am so grateful that I will have the "summer" to acclimate to the cooler weather. My job has me off into all of the areas in the park for the next month and a half, and I am loving it. Tuck and CC are hanging out together while I am out and about.
It is so different to have a commute where the "traffic" is Bison on the road as well as Elk and Moose. The other day on the way to Old Faithful, I saw baby Bison, a Black Wolf, and a Bear all in the same 20 mile drive. Crazy! Very different from my previous commute on freeways to take Tuck to school and then get myself to work.
Just another day in paradise.
No comments:
Post a Comment