Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Day


Last night I was forced to make an emergency run to Walmart for posterboard. A science project was due today (of course). After a few choice words to my lovely son regarding his inability to do homework before the deadline, I made a run for it.

Honestly, the project turned out great. Very sparkley with glitter everywhere. Who can't use a little more glitter in their life?

I definitely have the winter blues. It is back to reasonable temperatures here (in the 50s) but it is cloudy and rainy. Not the sunny, hot place that I enjoy. On the plus side, we are in the midst of Mardi Gras season down here in the South!

Here is a list of the parades that Tuck and I are going to attend this season. People stake out spots along the parade route early in the am, and spend the day drinking and cooking out for the day and running around in the streets. In the evening you check out the parade and catch beads, it is great fun!

The Krewe of Centaur Parade is Saturday, February 26th at 430 p.m.

The Krewe of Gemini rolls through Shreveport on Saturday, March 5 at 430 p.m.

The Krewe of Aesclepius is the final parade of the Mardi Gras Season on Fat Tuesday, March 8th in Bossier City.

No comments: